RE: Social Security Roundtable

>From: Ed Von Ruden

Still hung up on this red herring. Federal civilian employees hired since Jan 1 1984 (including politicians) are covered by SS. Both the old and new retirement programs have Trust Funds like SS. An individual employer's (even govt) retirment plan is different than a societal program like SS. The new federal retirement program (with SS) includes a defined benefit plan like many private employers, and a 401K type plan. Not sure how that relates to SS reform.

I can think of several successes including FDIC, SEC SS, ...

First you complain that there is no one to blame, then you propose isolating programs from the only people we can blame (by voting): the politicians. Typical citizen who doesn't understand how our form of govt works.