RE: Welcome to the Roundtable on Options for Reform

Social Security has always been an income tax and nothing else. We the American People have been sold a bill of goods regarding its intent. The Supreme Court has ruled twice, that we contributors don't have a statutory right to the DOLLARS we have paid into the fund. Thus, no guarantees exist!!
If the Government was really concerned about fixing this problem, and not just using it as a political tool, they could; with just a few changes. It is my belief that we can reduce the percentage of the tax by as much as 1/3, and still take care of the elderly and we taxpayers too. What we need to do is....