RE: Final questions for the Options for Reform Roundtable

The chances of any passage this year is zero! There is no chance at all. Too little information, too late and the information that is out there is all corrupted by so-called-experts. Where do these experts get there numbers? After investigating the data out there, I find it all comes from Social Security. An expert will then take one portion of the output and assume that changing economic growth will save it. However, they fail to see the relationship between wage increases and future benefits. They also fail to see how inflation effects future benefits. with over five different gradients you can not apply a linear change to them and expect to be able to project a future. The only way to project a future is with a model. I will ask again. Is there anyone out there with a model of OASI? No one in the past 25 years has answered yes. Will this be the year I find a person with a model?

As for ranking solvency for 75 years being a ten, what are you, nuts? This does nothing for my kids. Why would I want them to go through this again? In 1955 they went through it. In 1976 we went through it. In 1983 we went through it again with Greenspan who thought you could increase taxes and not affect the rest of the budget while at the same time save a less than $200 per year,per worker. Is this guy nuts? Who could live off saving $200 per year? This based on a nearly bankrupt system in 1983!!

There is no chance of any passage, but I am confident that in five years we will see reform. However, it will not be reform retirees will like.

Sincerely,

Bill Larsen