RE: Social Security Reform

Mr. Giambattista:

Taking Social Security off budget. I'm talking about it. Please read my post 'Representatives: Take SS off budget?' on April 28th on the Why Reform Now? board, and also 'RE: The Big Picture' on May 7th on this board.

The four members of the House Ways and Means Committee who participated in the Why Reform Now? roundtable wouldn't talk about it. Not a single one stated a position on this issue.

Rep. Smith of Washington is talking about it. He wrote H.R.563, the Honesty in Budgeting Act.

Rep. Stearns wrote H.R.656, the Honest Balanced Budget Act of 1999.

Rep. Moore wrote H.R.685, which also would separate the two budgets.

Please talk to your representative about supporting one of these three bills, if they ever get out of committee.