Social Security Roundtable

Welcome to our discussion of choices for the future of Social
Security.  We have a group of experts who will challenge each other
and the public to think hard about these issues. They are:  Ann
Combs of William M.  Mercer; Ron Gebhardtsbauer of the American
Academy of Actuaries; Gerry Shea of the AFL-CIO; John Rother of
the AARP; and Sam Beard of Economic Security 2000.

For the panelists, your opening comment should fill no more than
two screens. The question is what steps should Congress take this
year, or in the year 2000 before adjourning to fight the election
campaign, to deal with Social Security's future? Be specific,
succinct and provocative. The public awaits your wisdom. Let the
games (intellectual) begin.

Bob Rosenblatt