RE: Social Security Funds Tapped To Pay for Kosovo

>From: Dana Briggs

Anybody who thinks that 'saving' SS can only take place in a perfect world where we have no natural disasters, no military expenses, etc. needs to join the real world. We don't know what the future will bring, and we can't blame than 'fact' on politicians, democrats, republicans or independants. We have survived much worse in our history. The Kosovo conflict has no real significance in terms of the SS debate. When you look at the Trillions of dollars in future SS (or 'privatized' retirement accounts) benefits, the costs of the Kosovo conflict don't merit consideration as a 'rounding error'.