RE: Please don't steal my money!

<<<
I worked really really hard so I could retire from work early. I
retired from work last year at age 52. All the years I worked I
made a lot of money and I subsequently paid the maximum into social
security. If you raise the age or lower the benefit now it would
be like stealing from me. Please do not steal my money. Thank you!

Cedric,

I would take the other side of this coin: you won't be paying
anymore taxes into a system which does not benefit you. In this
sense, think of your previous Social Security taxes as the
"cost" of living in a free society which gave you the tools
to chart your own path. Let the money go!

Gen-X: Are you listening! Take the path that Cedric has taken.
The only real reform for Gen-Xers is to avoid paying FICA all
together. Take your own path to secure your financial future.
Avoid the "earned" income treadmill which will increasingly
force you to pay more for less freedom and less benefit.

Michael