What guarantee, Mr. Shea?

Means testing for whom?  Certainly not for rank and file recipients
of SS, who I must assume are the bulk of reciptients, but for the
triple and quadruple dippers, comprising, unfortunately, almost
exclusively present and former governmental workers in one category
or another.  Those folks, now privately taken care of outside the
system, nevertheless have used SS benefits accrued in the past or
provided for by special legislation, to have it all.  Much less a
disincentive to savings than incentive to protect privileged
positions without regard to the harm their disenrollment in a
national system has wrought.  Even though I work in the public
sector (judicial system), where equity and other platitudes are
loosely adhered to, if at all, I welcome any system that includes
my participation as the means for securing my participation when
the end of my working life comes.  No axe to grind except with the
exempt.