Re: Question on Charity

1 - No to privatization, and no to more ss money for lower income
people. I'm a lower income person, and though it would be nice to get
preferential treatment, I believe the answer lies in lowering the
tax-free ss benefits amount, thereby making people with good cushions
who get healthy ss payments, pay more taxes for their blessings. 2 -
Definitely! Already some of my friends are having trouble keeping up
with just the inflationary prices for food,  let alone medicines. 3 - Of
course not! Charities abound today, & yet every day they keep asking for
more in donations. It is unacceptable to include ss as one of their
must-dos.  I believe most charities are nothing but rackets. Elizabeth
Dole had a position with the Red Cross (a worthy charitable group), yet
she's been getting a yearly income of $75,000, paid for, most likely, by
donors to the worthy cause. Didn't her hubbie bring home enough bacon
that she couldn't donate her time? No, help from charities is not the
answer - integrity from those who presumably are handling the ss
finances is the answer. Can we get an audit????