Re: Question on Charity

I don't expect much from charity. In my reading on the last
century, there was a vast pool of free labour to administrate
it (middle class housewives), and it was fashionable, (which
it certainly isn't now), and the poor often lived in the same
neighborhood, while today people work on legislation to drive
away poorer neighbors. During the victorian golden age of
charity we find employment training houses with draconian
rules that few would want to follow, and the "work houses"
which seemed to be based on gross insult instead of training.

I haven't completely given up. Someday we might have a
re-invention of the idea of hiring people to work instead
of fitting into some obscure form of fashion.