Re: Response to Question on Charity

Dear Bob Carlitz:

1.    I half-favor privatization, but but am not convinced it will
work any better than the current system without other fundamental
reforms.

2.    Yes, I think that the present system--or some proposed
alternatives to it--will force some people to choose among food,
shelter, and medicine.  Not a pretty sight....

3.    No, charitable organizations will probably NOT be able to
fill the gap between the needs of the poorest people and the benefits
provided by govt. programs.  Charity should NOT be the only solution
to this problem.

Respectfully submittted,

Brenda Vander Lugt
SSDI Client