Re: Question on Charity

Personally, I feel that charitable organizations have  a full plate.  If
this concern is left to them to support, I feel that many needy people
will go without needed benefits.

The one thing that I feel is missing  with this whole issue is basic
education of the Social Security system and issues.  I have been out
talking to people face to face and asking them to sign on to the
discussion, and have been getting blank faces.  People are not informed
enough about this topic to discuss it on line.  Personally, I can relate
because I have not had enough time to research this topic enough to feel
comfortable to participate in this discussion.

I think a grass roots basic - elementary level pr campaign is need so that
the people who will be most impacted by the social security changes will
at least know what is going to hit them.

Ethel Parris