Re: Question on Charity

1.  I do not believe in a privatized system because there will always be
circumstances where families cannot afford to participate.

2.  Yes, people will be forced to choose among necessities.  They have to
choose today.  It is a selfish commentary on our American system that a floor
of support is not required to provide basic necessities including housing,
food, and health care.

3.  The charitable system is biased.  It is outmoded.  The numbers of
church-supporting people have diminished and they themselves are often old
and poor -- hardly with energy and money to offer support to the many needs
of our national elderly who will be coming along as the boomers age.  This is
wishful thinking and dismisses reality.