Re: Question on Safety Net

Maybe I have too simplistic of a view, but in the big picture the money for
economic protection social security comes from my paycheck.  If this is not
provided, and persons need a safety net from public assistance; that money
too, comes from my paycheck.  Bottom line, it is tax dollars being spent on
"welfare."

I am a 30ish middle incomer who saves a great deal of my income because a
social security check is something I do not ever expect to receive.  I feel
for low income elderly, but old age is inevitable, and something that should
be planned for accordingly.

Let's take care of that generation that might not have had 401k's, 403b's,
IRA's, etc. to help plan for their later years, but after that, let's take
responsibility for ourselves, cut our losses and do away with social security
as we know it.  Most workers today would be better off with FICA dollars left
in their paychecks and managing their own savings plan.

Thanks

Larry