RE: A "retiree's" perspective

I appreciate your point of view. There are many more similatities than you would believe between your history and mine, but that is not the point of my referenced observation. I was referring to those who have chosen to have no children at all because of career and life style choices. That is a major reason for the decline in the birthrate and number of workers. Looking at it very simplistically, if, for every current worker, one child were born and worked, the problem would either be eliminated or greatly reduced.