RE: Working Past 65

You are echoing statements that I have made several times on this forum, so I obviously agree totally with you. Unfortunately, there are many here who believe that we current beneficiaries should sacrifice even more than we are now doing. Some would even have SS totally disolved and leave us to "shift for ourselves". They totally ignore a number of points. First, their current standard of living, which is higher than we had at their age, is due largely to the efforts and sacrifices of our generation. Second, they have the opportunity to plan and compensate for lower or even nonexistant future SS benefits, we do not. Third, Congress has given them several tax advantaged methods of doing so -- advantages that we did not have (or at least did not have for very long before "retiring").