RE: Some Facts.

Social Security experts I advanced in the post:
* Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
* From: ridgeway <riridgew@nyx.net>
* Subject: RE: Some Facts.

The following was posted:

* Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
* From: "William J. Burrows" <bill_burrows@amecom.com>
* Thanks Ridgeway for the best possible summary of all we, who
* recognize the real lie behind SS, have been trying to say for
* days. The theft is real no matter how much Mr Myers and others
* try to philosophize it away. Read my quote from Peter Ferrera
* posted a few days ago. I would repost it but no one wants to
* hear the truth from me either.

Thanks. Glad to be of service.

You are most correct when you imply that it's hard to get
out the truth about SS paralleling a Ponzi Scheme (e.g.
the objective data for the declining Lifetime-Internal-
Rates-of-Return for successive cohorts forced through
the SS system).

It is a hard sell for several reasons.  Although
there is much analytical evidence to support the
Ponzi claim (as referenced in my post), it
does require an above average literacy in math and
finance to comprehend.  Also working against us is
that the press and the bureaucrats have a liberal bias
(i.e. they support Democrats and believe that redistribution
of income and wealth is a legitimate function of
government).  When you combine these two factors,
well, that's the reason the truth about SS is not
more widespread. Consider the moderator's summary
of these Ponzi discussions given below....