RE: What "values" created the existing system?

I would like to make one more attempt to reply to the comments of Bill Larsen
and Michael Jones, especially those of Michael Jones. We seem to be talking
past each other. I would agree that a system of personal accounts mught be
considered preferable in many respects, but I do not believe it should even
be seriously considered without first carefully working an approach to
dealing with the transition costs estimated to be about six trillion dollars.
One way of looking at this is to say it is equivalent to doubling the present
tax for about fifty years. Their only answer is to say Chile did it, and I am
going to put some effort into finding out if Chile had a comparable problem
and how they dealt with it. For now, I continue to believe that wise
adjustment of the present system is the best course.