RE: A Different Approach to Social Security

>From: Bill Larsen

You are incorrect that a wealth tax equals the intangibles tax which was ruled unconstitutional in Indiana. The problem with the Indiana intangibles tax was that it provided preferential treatment for stocks of companies incorporated in Indiana over those incorporated out of the state. This was deemed an unconstitutional violation of the commerce clause of the Constitution, wherein the power to regulate interstate commerce was reserved for the Federal Government. The same philosophy applied to Indiana's attempts to put restrictions on out-of-state garbage.

I am not endorsing a wealth tax, only pointing out that the ruling in Indiana is not relevant.

Note to Richard Arsinow: another privatizer in favor of means-testing.