RE: Summary of first week's discussion on values

			Belgrade TV News Release
		Fresh propaganda for your viewing pleasure:

>National Dialogue Viewpoint # 1:
>Critique- It is unrealistic to think that rapid economic growth will
>provide enough taxes to sustain benefits at current levels and
>unacceptably large tax hikes will have to be imposed on younger
>Americans unless changes are made.

This statement is parroted as gospel truth every time we mention
SS. There is not a shred of truth in it.  If WE the PEOPLE do not
wake up and think..................

This current 3% U.S. economic growth rate will statistically support
increased benefit levels on a pay as you go basis throughout the
next century without any increased tax hikes on younger Americans

> Many arguments were made in favor of this point:
>         * a financial problem will develop eventually
>         * postponement of a solution will place a larger burden
>           on the shoulders of a smaller group

"They" plan on sinking us with this claptrap and they're probably
right if we don't start THINKING!

[Moderator's Note: The summaries are an attempt to encapsulate
discussion that has taken place in the National Dialogue.
Please comment if you find factual errors in the summaries.
But if you simply disagree with remarks which others have
made in the course of the week, it probably makes more sense
to comment directly on those remarks rather than attacking
the summaries themselves.]