Thanks, Don and Dorothy

I second Richard Arsinow's comments and then some.

Don and Dorothy,

Your comment of "Fairness to me is that you get back in proportion to what you put in." is exactly what the original committee comments were when they voted to start SS. They stated that it would only be a good system if an individual could do as well in SS as they could in the private market place.

Granted, that was a promise made back in 1935. Non the less, it was a good promise and one made by our government. However, somewhere along the way, during the last 65 years, our government decided to go back on their word. Too bad for Don and Dorothy. Too bad for coming generations of retirees. Too bad for our children and grandchildren.

Too bad the U.S. government can't keep a promise.

Richard Arnold