RE: SS, MORE than retirement (Trust Fund Debt Rollover)

>From: Andre Dermant

But you miss the point. All of the obligation to the SSTF came from the general fund's spending money it did not raise through the income tax. All of those obligations would exist even if SS never existed. We are not incurring public debt or any debt to bail out SS as we redeem those bonds. That debt was due to general fund deficit spending. Let's place the blame where it is due!