breast cancer and disability

Why does the goverment not recognize the importance of breast cancer
and disability? They say that if you are disabled for 12 months
and not dead you will get help. Not true for some people. Can you
sue the goverment for discrimination? Has it ever been done? I
really do not understand the SSA, No matter how much I read or
hear. I believe a law should be past to give people with cancer
SSI as soon as they are diagnosed.  Help them to get back to work.
If you have AIDS or are pregant - no questions asked, right?