RE: It's all about MONEY

It's about money.  The head of household with one dependent who
works 60 hours a week is freed by the present system from the awful
decision, "Shall I take my child to a doctor and have his broken
arm splinted, or shall I pay into my retirement account."  I think
that is a humane thing.

It's about money.  For example.  Which right to a sum of money is
greater? That of a 200K P/A woman who  works 50 hours a week in
advertising and wants another week of R&R in Cancun this year or
the right of a woman who worked mopping tables in a fast food place
for 50 hours a week all her life, raised her kids, and has turned
65 and retired and wants to pay rent on her 1-room apartment so
she doesn't have to move in with those kids.

Or conversely, Which right to money is greater? That of a guy who
is working two jobs so he can go to school and better himself or
that of the widow of a neer-do-well killed in a bar-fight at forty,
 and who having subsisted by hook and crook for the next thirty
years retires on his social security account.

It's about money.

Ruth Reilly