Re: Values

>> Our Judeao-Christian culture proscribes that we should
>> love our neighbors as ourselves and should take care
>> of our brothers and sisters.
-------
Yes. But our Constitution says nowhere that the job of the government
is to force us all to contribute this Ponzi scheme and in the
process forsake our duty to provide for ourselves without being a
burden on others.

>> The Social Security program is a most important way that
>> we can do this in a broad manner, as well as very
>> efficiently.
-----
This is morally reprehensible. To suggest that forced support of
unspecified other persons while depending upon that same forced
support from our children and grandchildren is ethical is just
wrong.

>> This does not mean that this program should attempt to do
>> everything for everybody, but rather ample room should
>> be left for individual responsibility and effort.
-----
Twelve percent of current wages taken in tax leaves those most in
need of savings destitute. It makes them wards of the bureacratic
state in their old age. They are forced to stand at the government's
door to recieve what scraps they may be handing out. They are
prevented from receiving full payment if they continue to try to
support themselves. Retirement age is decreed. Surely the American
people deserve better. It is their money in the first place. They
should get to keep it.

I suggest study of the Cato Institute's plan. It is a breath of
fresh air.