Reply to: Eliminate and Privatize by Mr, Grazier

Mr. Grazier,

I take exception to your comments in your post. I am assuming you
include me in the category of "these people ......." based on my
posted opinions of privatization.

We ARE having a discussion and I honestly don't think it is
"bi-partisan" - it is actually multi-partisan. I say that because
I don't claim to belong to either of the well-entrenched, conrolling
political parties; nor should I have to be aligned with them to
let them know what I think. That's part of the problem - these
bi-partisan parties believe there are only two sides to every story
- this is not the case. There are many other views out there and
you happened to be seeing and hearing these on this forum.

I would like to know who you think these so-called "experts" are.
Obviously, there are no "experts" on SS - if there were, we wouldn't
have the problems we now face. I will agree with the fact there
are some politicians who believe they are "experts" on how to spend
American's money and mis-manage social programs. This is very
obvious by their track records.

Believe me, I am not here to encourage or tell "experts" and
politicians how to "enhance" SS. Quite the contrary. I won't them
to know I am mad as heck for allowing the program to become the
mess it is.

I'm not looking to "IMPROVE, ENRICH, UPGRADE, REFINE, CIVILIZE,
etc.." SS. I am looking for viable and progessive change that will
address the issue of our aging population and to keep our children
and grand-children from facing these same problems generations from
now.

There is no room in these type of tough discussions for pussy-footing
around. It requires honest and open dialogue from any and everyone
that wishes to take the time to participate - no matter what party
or views that are aligned with.

Richard Arnold