netiquette and focus

Thanks for the many postings that you have been sending to
the Website.  I want to remind participants that they should
follow the basic rules of network etiquette in their postings:
	* be brief and to the point
	* don't engage in personal attacks
	* avoid loaded language

Also, I hope we can all stay focused on the principal topic
of this week's discussion, which has to do with the values
which underlie the Social Security system.  This is a good
jumping off point for many of the other issues we will
discuss.

Finally, I want to urge everyone who has registered for the
online discussion to make your views known.  Start by simply
introducing yourself to the group.  Say something about the
values you think should be incorporated into Social Security.
Or ask questions about aspects of the debate which puzzle
you.  We'll be bringing in a broad range of panelists in
the upcoming weeks.  Now is a good time to join the discussion
and get prepared for the topics that will be covered by our
panelists.

If you are visiting the site and have not yet registered,
please do so at this time.  You should be registered to post
to the discussions.  You can do so by using the online form

    http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/register.html

Thanks again for your active participation.

Bob Carlitz, moderator