Privatization Works

First, many thanks to the people responsible for creating this Web
site. Hopefully, our government civil servants (congress members)
will pay close attention to what goes on here over the next few
weeks and months. I only hope they pay close attention.

I am an avid follower of the Cato Institute and they have many
great papers available on the subject of Social Security and the
privatization of same. One such paper was put up on their site last
week. The URL is below:

http://www.socialsecurity.org/dailys/04-12-99.html

This paper talks about the successful programs developed for
government employees in Galveston, TX and San Diego, CA. Of course,
our brillant congress members have now made it impossible, by law,
for any more of these type programs to get started. But hopefully,
exposure of these successful programs will bring light to how
privatization of Social Secruity can work for the entire population,
not just a few lucky ones.

As for me, I would like to see the government bureaucrats completely
out of Social Security. Of course, there will be have to be some
kind of transition period to go totally private - but it can be
done.

I hope this forum will bring about the final plans for privatization
of Social Security. Our government does not have a good track record
of handling our money - whether it is Social Security or otherwise.

It's my money, I worked hard for it and I should have the right to
say where I want it invested. I'm sick and tired of Big Brother
getting BIGGER - it's time for him to get smaller.

Richard Arnold