Investing in Stocks

Words Of Wisdom

Does your government really look out for your interests?
Does the answer to this question impact how your government
will reform the OASDI program? Here's one view on what the
interests of the government are:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1090042010193000&sort=id

~~~~

I can call you kids cause I'm 92 years old and have seen it all. So the
long term for me is 3 years. I'm not goin' to be round much longer. I'm
old and deaths a fact. We must all face reality.

 THE OVERALL ECONOMY AND YOUR GOV'MENT

 It's not where the economy is but where it will go that matters. While the
 economy was great in the past 5 years, increased inflation and rising
 interest rates presage bad times ahead. (The 70's were the worst of
 times. Inflation ran at 20% and interest rates just as high.) When
 interest rises, companies margins decrease if they are in competitive
 industries where they can't raise prices. What is more competitive than
 the PC industry? Also the cost of borrowing money rises and eats into
 profits. Overall reality is: Rising rates crush bull markets.

 Greenspan is bent on raising rates and squashing your gains in the
 market. He is a disciple of Ayn Rand (someone I once met), who
 preached, amoung other things, Zero tolerance to inflation. You can bet
 he'll raise rates!!

 Furthermore, Greenspan and the Gov'ment would love to see this bull
 market crushed. Why? Because the gov'ment much prefers its people as
 miserable slaves than happy and free. When you make too much money
 in the market there is a real threat you will become so wealthy that you
 will quit working, be free and happy. You won't be dependent on the
 Gov'ment for social programs if you're rich. This really irks the
 Gov'ment, because it prefers people to toil away for years at a pitance
 while paying outrageous taxes to support it's burgeoning social agenda.
 This is the way the gov'ment becomes powerful. Not with rich,
 non-working citizens running around, but with slaves dependent on a
 social welfare state. Reality: The Gov'ment must try to keep you from
 becoming too rich by encouraging market corrections.
~~~~~

Michael