Investing in Stocks

RE: Ms. W.'s Discussion Questions.

>From: ridgeway

Sowell appears tobe the only one fudging. So Sowell gets to decide the definition? How come it is that nobody else defines the National Debt the way Sowell does. How come everybody else seems to have the same definition I use. Why do they brag about lowering public debt? Maybe they are trying to impress Greenspan and the Concord Coalition. The Concord Coalition president tells us:

"I agree with Alan Greenspan's view that it is the government's net annual borrowing balance with the public that is the relevant measure"

Those guys must be 'liberals', right?

I can follow Sowell's 'sleight of hand' perfectly. That's why I pointed it out to you.

My thanks also. Let's see what the Concord Coalition President Peterson has to say on the issue of SS Reform:

Oh No! He's lumping you in with the Clintonista's. I'll avert my eyes if you want to take a swing at him. What else does he say:

This from one of the "founders [who] have been very helpful in bringing to the public's attention the problems we are facing". Well, I want to thank them for pointing that out. I'm sure you are as appreciative. More from Peterson:

Peterson thinks there might be a political problem in the 'cohort' risk? Oh no, what will Andre and Javier think of that. More:

Yes, I asked it a couple times, and can't seem to get an answer from the privatizers. More from CC:

Oh no! The CC is saying the gov't needs to tell us we are all spending too much, and force us all to save more. Is this what Javier means by 'freedom'? Sounds more like the 'paternalistic wisdom' he talks about 'assosiated with 3rd world countries'.

Do we have an endorsement from you for the ideas of the CC? It doesn't sound like the libertarian ideas you endorse.