Rep. Nadler's Proposal

The fourth proposal that we would like to discuss is the Nadler proposal. I suggest that Representative Nadler first discuss his proposal, its advantages, and why he chose the particular reforms that he did.

Then everyone can ask questions about the proposal. To help this forum proceed smoothly, please remember to make your questions short and polite. Thanks.

Ron Gebhardtsbauer
Senior Pension Fellow
American Academy of Actuaries

PS: A description of the Nadler proposal can be found if you click on "position paper" under his name at the following location:
http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/cl.html
In addition, we revised our side-by-side chart that compares several Social Security reform proposals to include separate columns for Nadler's proposal and the President's proposal. You can find this chart at:
http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/gebhardtsbauer_paper1.html
Let us know what you think of it.