Rep. Sanford's Proposal

The fifth proposal that we would like to discuss is the Sanford proposal. I suggest that Representative Sanford first discuss his proposal, its advantages, and why he chose the particular reforms that he did.

Then everyone can ask questions about the proposal. To help this forum proceed smoothly, please remember to make your questions short and polite. Thanks.

(People have also asked that you say a few words about Rep. Porter's proposal [HR 874], because you supported it. If you have the time, could you also send out a separate message on it? Thanks.)

Ron Gebhardtsbauer
Senior Pension Fellow
American Academy of Actuaries

PS: A description of the Sanford proposal can be found if you click on "position" under his name at the following website
http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/cl.html