Second bipartisan proposal - Gregg/Breaux

The second bi-partisan proposal that we would like to discuss is the Gregg-Breaux proposal. It is supported by several other Senators (namely, Sens. Charles Grassley, Bob Kerrey, Craig Thomas, Fred Thompson, and Chuck Robb). It is quite similar to the Kolbe-Stenholm proposal we discussed yesterday. I suggest that Senator Judd Gregg discuss his proposal, and in particular, mention some of the differences with the Kolbe-Stenhom proposal, and why they chose the particular reforms that they did.

Then everyone can ask questions about the proposal. To help this forum proceed smoothly, please remember to make your questions short and polite. Thanks.

Ron Gebhardtsbauer
Senior Pension Fellow
American Academy of Actuaries

PS We created a side-by-side chart that compares several Social Security reform proposals at http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/gebhardtsbauer_paper1.htm for your information. Let us know what you think of it.