RE: How do we define and evaluate success?

Another participant observed that no one can identify the unknown
hazards of chemicals as I had suggested, since they are indeed
unknown.

Well yes, but...

...the very fact that we don't have basic toxicological
screening information for most chemicals in commerce is in itself
important. Indeed, regulatory processes often proceed as though
there is no hazard when there may simply be no known hazard. (This
is one reason for interest in the precautionary principle.) The
"unknown" hazards of chemicals are important to recognize and
communicate.

Paul Orum
Working Group on Community Right-to-Know