How do we evaluate success?

Success is where all levels of government, the public, interest groups and the regulated community have ready access (or, know how to get access) to reliable information and data to achieve our collective goals and objectives for environmental protection. Everyone should be able to do this at reasonable costs (since the public, interest groups and local governments cannot afford much!!). Everyone is sharing in the responsibility and actions to achieve our goals. One of the keys though is for everyone to agree on the collective goals and objectives .. which I am not sure is possible given the conflicting interests unless there is compromise from all sides.