RE: Evaluating Success

Although not geared toward environmental issues an exciting project has just received funding in our area. The Upper Hudson Library System has received a 2000 - 2002 (two-year) Library Services and Technology Act grant entitled "Numbers tell the Story" which will provide the tools and knowledge necessary to determine how electronic resources are used in libraries. Upper Hudson is the lead agency and 3 other public library systems will be participating: Mohwak Valley Library Association (where I work), Southern Adirondack Library System and the Mid-Hudson Library System. The project does not begin until 10/1/2000 so it will be some time before there are outcomes, however, it just might be worth watching out for!

Rebekah Tanner