RE: New Question: Collaboration Opportunities Between Environmental Agencies

We have the capability of printing on demand, and have to charge a standard per page fee (25 cents) - the same as copying. We are only open to the public by appointment, but if someone is there an needs a copy or a print, then we will do it (double sided of course). We just beginning to talk about making all of our brochures and other handout material print on demand only. I don't think this is a difficult thing to do with todays digital copiers that can print and copy. Most libraries have the ability to charge for copies and prints.

It is more an issue of getting the documents online and available to print, and getting the up to date technology out to the public libraries so they can print reliably and double sided to reduce the environmental impact of such a practice. This would take some money, but I expect many libraries would welcome a federally subsidized digital copier/printer and an Internet Workstation in exchange for providing the service.