RE: Question for Sept 25: Quality Filters

Phil,

You point to what I consider a BIG gap in the information
provided by ATSDR.

Where are the Toxicological Profiles?

As you point out they are available from NTIS. Total price is
about $1,000 I guess (I did not add up their cost).

CRC Press provides the 2000 issue of these profiles on CD-ROM
(there are more than 20,000 pages of material for 137 chemicals)

See:
http://www.crcpress.com:80/us/product.asp?sku=2150+++&dept%5Fid=1

for CRC's description.

Cost of the CD-ROM product is $295. Not out of the realm for
libraries. Why doesn't ATSDR emulate NLM and DOE and provide
their toxicological profiles free off of their Web site?

Many branch libraries in communities impacted by hazardous wastes
would find this information invaluable, yet they cannot afford
even a modestly priced CD-ROM product.

Equity in accessing information is important!!!!

Fred Stoss
Science and Engineering Library
University at Buffalo