RE: Question for 21 September: Can we trust the EPA?

In response to the moderator's question on September 19th regarding information provided by EPA, four of our panelists-Jamie Conrad, Paul Orum, Velma Smith, and Judy Duncan-expressed their views about how EPA should provide information and data over the Web. That debate seems relevant to some of the topics that have come up in this thread on trust and this would be a good place to keep the discussion going. Not surprisingly, the panelists articulated several distinct worldviews coming from industry, state, and environmental perspectives. We have asked the panelists to continue to discuss the following issues:

1. Where they agree,
2. Where they disagree,
3. What brief examples illustrate their concerns, and
4. What role do the right-to-know provisions in many of EPA's laws and E-FOIA play in this?

We would like to encourage the participants as well as the panelists to contribute to this thread.