RE: Finding State and Local Environmental Information Online

Laurie,

Here is a partial list of resources I cite in my forthcoming article
in the journal _Toxicology_ for locating state, county, and local
environmental information. This is not going to point you to specific
sites, but these sites will direct you sites from which more direct
access can be gained.

World Wide Web sites for locating state, county, and local (city)
government sources of environmental information.

Environmental Health and Safety Online
Dunwoody, GA: EHSO, Inc.
http://www.ehso.com

Internet Resources for State and Local Government
Washington, D.C.: Congressional Quarterly, Inc.
http://www.governing.com/govlinks.htm

Official City Sites
Hurricane, UT: Kevin and Jamie Hyde
http://officialcitysites.org

PTI
Wahington, D.C.: Public Technology, Inc.
http://pti.nw.dc.us/

Scorecard
New York, NY: Environment Defense
http://www.scorecard.org/

State and Local Governments
Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress
http://lcweb.loc.gov/global/state/stategov.html

State and Local Governments on the Net
Piper Resources
http://www.piperinfo.com/index.cfm

State Web Locator
Chicago, IL: Center for Information Law and Policy , Illinois
    Institute of Technology
http://www.infoctr.edu/swl

StateSearch
Lexington, KY: National Association of State Information Resources
    Executives
http://www.nasire.org/statesearch

USA CityLink
Abita Springs, LA: Ablaze Productions, Inc.
http://www.usacitylink.com/

World Wide Web Virtual Library: Law : State Government Links
Bloomingdale, IN: School of Law, Indiana University
http://www.law.indiana.edu/v-lib/

Fred Stoss
University at Buffalo