RE: Question for librarians regarding electronic vs. hardcopy

I think Glenn has a practical solution - and in terms of cost, why not ask the cost of printing, paper, and ink from the person recieving the copy? If there is an EPA document that I think would be valuable to have in my hand, I would pay the $5 or whatever the cost to have it printed. Could libraries calculate a cost per page for paper, ink, and equipment use (estimated on life of machine - and actual cost per run). The other option may be to call your EPA regional library. I have found that they are easy to work with and quick to respond. (region 7 anyway).