RE: Presidential Politics

  This reply is in response to Michael Laprarie earlier message,
RE:Presidential Politics on 9/21.

  The reference to a "study published by Steve Milloy" on dioxin
in Ben and Jerry's ice cream needs clarification. This was not a
peer-reviewed study published in a scientific journal. This was
published on Steve Milloy's Junk Science web site. This relates
to discussions on the validity of information found on the Internet.
 Steve Milloy is a propagandist for polluting industry, his web
site is anti-regulatory, anti-environmental, and misleading.Steve
Milloy was a registered lobbyist for EOP Group, whose clients
included Monsanto, Dow Chemical, American Crop Protection Assoc.
(pesticide manufacturers)and the Chlorine Chemistry Council.
Dioxin persists in fat,(ice cream)and Ben and Jerry's switched to
packaging in chlorine free(unbleached)cartons, as dioxin is a
chlorine by-product.

 The statement" we spend billions annually on environmental standards
that,quite possibly,are way out of line with what is actually
necessary to insure good health." is certainly not my opinion.
We need tighter standards to protect human health and EPA must
adopt the precautionary principle, which is not the case now.

 Then to portray VP Gore standing up to Republican congressmen
in order to protect our drinking water as preservation of an
agenda puzzles me. There's something wrong with an environmental
agenda to have clean water and less people sickened by toxins?