Libraries and the Freedom of Information Act

Someone may have already asked this already, but here goes anyway. I'm wondering if libraries are eligible for the fee waiver provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, and if librarians are willing to use the Act to help answer questions from the public.

It seems to me that some questions are simply not answerable any other way. Of course, concerned citizens could band together and form a group and file a FIOA request, but even then they probably are not going to be able to prove what they need to for a fee waiver. They would have no track record of educating the public or disseminating information to the public.