Intro

Greetings from Colorado. I am the Social Sciences and Documents Librarian at my institution and a long-time community activist concerned especially about sprawl, ever-widening roadways and disappearing farmlands. Would like to see more direct links between the tremendous amount of environmental information and what it means to individuals and their communities. We had several public programs when we first got the Toxic Release Inventory on microfiche many years ago and almost no one came.

A faculty member at my institution has started a program identifying sustainability indicators for our community and I'm interested in what other places are doing in this respect.

Thanks for the opportunity.