Introduction

Greetings to all!

I am an Environmental Planner II in the Department of Environmental Resources at the North Central Texas Council of Governments, the regional planning agency serving the 16-county region of North Central Texas. Our work includes solid waste management, watershed and floodplain management, public works and development planning, and air quality issues, among other efforts. We help guide decision-makers in crafting and implementing environmental policy for resources that often cross jurisdictional boundaries, but have direct impacts on the communities they are elected and appointed to serve.

I am interested in learning ways for the public, elected officials, developers, NGOs, and all other stakeholders to access and utilize environmental and planning data to organize and improve the quality of life for our region and nationwide.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. I look forward to following and participating in this dialogue.

Best regards,
Sam Medlock