Women and Minorities

RE: Response to 5/25 Moderator Question

I would like to ask Ms. Rappaport and Ms. Hartmann two questions. Does Ms. Rappaport's approach solve the widow's benefit issue for Ms. Hartmann? What has stood in the way of achieving a better result in this area? Fortunately, I have not been personally affected by this, but I pity those who cannot afford a Medi-Gap policy. Greater social security benefits or the additon of a Medicare prescription benefit to the lower income elderly is essential. Before signing off I also wonder if Ms. Hartmann doesn't think some old-fashioned male chauvinism is behind the Cato Institute's abandonment of earnings sharing? I want to thank them for giving us the benefit of their views.