Women and Minorities

Kolbe-Stenholm bill

I commend the Kolbe-Stenholm bill. It is a splendid "starting point" for
addressing my concern that we balance the necessity of maintaining a safety
net with the benefit of implementing individual accounts.

I do believe there is cause to direct more than 2% of payroll into personal
accounts. Nonetheless, the acceptance of voluntary contributions, on the
one hand, and the addition of tax credits for low-income workers on the
other goes a long way towards making Social Security more responsive to all
Americans, particularly those who rely on it the most.

John Banks-Brooks