RE: There's every reason to NOT reform

The figures that you use are, at best, overly optimistic.

The truth is, past monies have been (and still are being) spent on
other government programs - so social security is really nothing
more than a Ponzi scheme. And in fact, the owners/operators of the
investment firms that you criticize would have been imprisoned for
running a similar fraudulent retirement program.

Social security is a program administered by government force,
which makes it less likely to be effective. And the use of force
certainly doesn't help the case for its morality.

Finally, I do not have any ties to, nor have I been influenced by,
any investment firms. Just a citizen who would like to keep his
liberty (and maybe some of his money in the process).