Archer/Shaw Social Security Guarantee Plan: Request for Information

Rep. Bill Archer wrote:

> For a look at the entire Social Security Actuaries report and many other
> documents that pertain to the Archer/Shaw Guarantee Plan see:
>
> http://www.house.gov/archer/social_security/index.html

I have read the Social Security Actuaries report that is located at
http://www.house.gov/social_security/details/Actuarie.html .  However,
I cannot find the attachments that are referenced in it.  Specifically,
I am looking Tables 1-b which estimate the effects of the SSG plan on the
annual Federal Unified budget.  Can you provide those?

The reason for this request is that I'm concerned about the following
sentence that is in the first paragraph of the report:

> This plan would provide for an annual contribution from the General
> Fund of the Treasury to SSG individual accounts equal to 2 percent of
> each worker's OASDI taxable earnings beginning with earnings in 1999.

Where is this money from the General Fund to come from?  I'm sure that
you are not proposing to raise income taxes to pay for it.  Likewise, I'm
sure that the Democrats are not proposing spending cuts to pay for it.
I fear that, like Clinton's plan, the cost will get added to the gross
federal debt (see http://people.delphi.com/rd100/ssreform.html).  Hence,
I would like to see an estimate of what the resulting gross federal debt
will be under your plan.  Thank you.

Reed Davis