RE: Impressive Consensus

<<<
There can be no mistaking the wishes of the American public for fair,
bipartisan and open discussions of these plans.  I know my constituents do
not care much for partisan politics and simply want us to move ahead and
address the long term solvency of Social Security.

Wrong. I would love to see a big fight over this. Bi-partisanship
usually means the Democrats get their way. And it shows in the
Archer/Shaw plan. This so-called bi-partisan plan is little
more than redressing of the Presidents plan.

Michael